Sunday, February 9, 2014

Angel Stage Door (Titanic and A Perfect Year)

Titanic No Moon

So I scrolled this blog that goes by the name of angel-stagedoor.blogspot.com and I found some interesting videos. The ones that got my attention were Titanic and A Perfect Year. The titanic mise en scene was amazing and it just drew my attention. The dominant boat was there like a symbol of the mythic romanticism of the story. Another thing that I found really interesting was the moving camera with different angles that focused on several characters that just the main ones but with the lightning key you would always have a sense of the main characters of the scene. Globally it was a very enjoyable play to watch.

A Perfect Year

The Perfect Year another play that I really enjoyed. The mise en scene here is pretty simplistic and pretty straight forward. The dominant feature of the play would be the stairs. The lightning key makes you always keep track of the main characters. The scenes in which the two characters are together are very strong in terms of emotion. Overall I really liked the simplicity of this play and it was pretty straightforward.

No comments:

Post a Comment