Thursday, May 8, 2014

The Birth and Life of Opera

Watching this video was so important, especially in terms of the content. In fact, before watching the video I had a weird perception of opera. Prior watching the video, I thought opera was boring and although I admired their work I never understood their vision. I was clueless of the effort that it took to put an opera together. The video gave me great insight of the opera world. Watching the video showed me the bigger picture of opera. In terms of acting, singing, and execution. I know understand how many details are put into an opera. Also, the fact that it is a way of living, and everything has a point. From the decor, the mise en scene, the make up. Each and everything plays and important role and contribute to a great opera. I also, understood the importance of opera throughout time and how affected movies, videos, also the way we entertain our selves. Some opera were controversial, provocative, but they never failed to have the artistic power and impact. For me opera is something that needs to reinvent itself especially with all the modern technology that is now available.

No comments:

Post a Comment