Tuesday, March 4, 2014

A Clockwork Orange

This movie has to be the most disturbing movie I've ever watched. The violent scenes throughout the movie are unbearable. Despite the obvious violence of the movie, I thought it was an amazing satire of life. Very well directed, I felt like it touched on various issues of the society as a whole. The used of the song "singing in the rain" as I learned later on was not originally in the book. It was just an improved when making the actual movie to make the violent scenes more bearable. In fact the song "singing in the rain" is very representative of the hollywood society in the late 20's. I thought it was the perfect song to balance out the unbearable violence of the movie. In fact the song itself is quite cheerful. Despite couple backlashes the end result happened to be great and added some type of derision to those violent scenes.

No comments:

Post a Comment