Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Persuasive Games

Games are part of our daily basis. No matter what or what platform of games we deal with, it is part of today's society. As I was scrolling down this persuasive games website I was surprisingly in chock to see the variety of games that are out there without us necessarily noticing them. What I even found more interesting is to see the variety of purposes those games serve. The first one that stood out for me was the game Stone City from the ice cream brand Cold Stone. I was amazed by the way they embedded this game in their training system. It was interesting to see a company acknowledge the efficiency of games in the learning process so much that they would pursue such initiative. Another game that caught my attention was the game Project Connect. I thought this game was a brilliant idea and a great opportunity to learn and understand how these communication ways work. It is a great way of having kids acknowledging their environment and learn how things work around them. Last but not least was the game Windfall. Similar as the ones previously mentioned, this game offers a good learning experience. Overall, I thought these games are proof of how games could be embedded in our lifestyle to learn. Also, as I noticed these games do a good job at engaging the audience which I believe is the key of any game.

No comments:

Post a Comment