Monday, April 28, 2014

5 Artists

Disco- Nile Rodgers

He might not be the most famous one, but Nile Rodgers deserves his star in the disco hall of fame. While he did not have a solo career as successful, as a composer Nile Rodgers help contribute to the sound of the disco era. Behind hits such as Diana Ross Upside Down or Coming Out he brought his undeniable "chic" touch to that whole era. Most recently featured in Daft Punk's album Random Access Memories I believe Nile Rodgers is a legend in the way he understood sound, and how he always impacted songs with his unique personality.


This is a link for a song he produced for Diana Ross Coming Out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-mjl63e0ms

Dubstep: Adventure Club

Not as influential like the other big names, Adventure Club is probably my favorite dustep group. They are from canada and while not a lot of people are familiar with their work I just love their music. I like how funky and soulful their music gets. Unlike most dubstep artists Adventure Club is always trying to incorporate samples and voices in their songs like at the beginning of the house era.


This song is one is my favorite it's called Do I See Colors: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrahGdLCWjU


Techno: Calvin Harris

I believe he is probably the most influential techno artists of these past 2 years. He has dominated the techno charts and dance floors  with hits like Rihanna -We Found Love, or Sweet Nothing Ft FlorenceWelch. Calvin Harris is as comfortable in his solo career than composing and producing for others. I like his sound and his UK touch. He has that good vibe that I can't find in US dance and techno.


This one is a little bit old but it does the work for me great song. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1y_wo_4fuQ


House: Disclosure

Oh my God!!!They have to be my favorite group of the past year. Disclosure is just out there. There sound reminds me of that old house with that new touch. They are just great and you should definitely check their album settle out. It's just a great album if you like deep house.

This song is one of my favorite from their album : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkk2H3Ztrfk


Latin World: Michel Telo

I think for the incredible success he's had with his jam Ai Se Tu Pego. This song was a whole movement itself. Everybody has tried those moves. From celebrities to athletes, to the most regular human being on earth. Even though, I do not believe it is the best song ever, I thought it did the deal on the dance floors.


Here the link to the song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcm55lU9knw

No comments:

Post a Comment