Monday, April 21, 2014

808 Songs

As a music head I was really enthusiastic about this topic. I made some great discoveries and it made me want to learn about music composition as a whole. One song that uses perfectly the 808 in my opinion is Marvin Gaye - Sexual Healing. That song is a standout for me because I think the way the 808 are used in there are unique. Another song is by The SOS Band - Just Be Good To Me. I just like the vibe of the song. I know I am a little bit old school, but still this is just so nice. I really enjoyed that album in general and I would definitely advised it to everybody that is looking for a good vibe. The last song is a more recent. It is from Lil Wayne - Let The Beat Build from its album Tha Carter 3 which was a huge commercial success. This song is produced by Kanye West, and it is just crazy. I loved the rhythm and the way it sounds. These are just few songs but 808 have impacted the whole musical culture and up until now it still does. So many songs are build around 808 especially in the Rap and RNB culture. Kanye West even put an album called 808s and Heartbreak. 808s are one of the most impactful contribution to the musical culture.



No comments:

Post a Comment