Tuesday, April 1, 2014

I Wish to Say by Sheryl Oring

Going through Sheryl Oring's files "I wish to say" was a good learning experience. First of, I admire her innovative approach to hear people's voices regarding various social issues. For me her approach is really groundbreaking, because it allows you to record people's thoughts at a certain point and time. Also, the fact that she allows people to speak their mind in such settings is a plus. I was really surprised by the variety of topics, and the genuine answers of the people that she interviewed. While going through her files, the one called "Rights" immediately caught my attention. In this particular file, she interviews people about various topics such as freedom of books, religion, and freedom of speech. I was amazed by the various point of views. It was a good way of having an inside look of people minds. I really enjoyed a particular statement about religion from New York, but unfortunately I could not read the name of the author. I really enjoyed this, and I only hope she had continued to do more interviews till today.

No comments:

Post a Comment